Sunday, April 17, 2011

Cover up

    Yesterday, I set out to restock my make-up drawer at a major make-up depratment store.  Wouldn't you know, just as I am falling in love with the third round of a lovely foundation by Stila, it is discontinued.  Oh, the tragedy, right?  Well, yes.  This is the third brand I have fallen in love with, and it was discontinued.  This was it, I sworn my vows of commitment.  And, her she was telling me it would no longer be available to fill my desires for a smooth complexion.
   So I found the palest, pimpliest, skinny broad in the joint and asked for her advise.  Yes, it took her a few suggestions and me telling her a bazillion times that I was a busy mom, my face is covered in acne and scares, and I needed one, you hear me, one great cover up foundation that wasn't going to start dripping off my chin shall I venture to pool side or have a hot flash.  (Okay, I am not having those so much anymore...rather I am freezing my but off when it is 63 degrees.  But, alas, I have had them for nearly a year once upon a chemo and now understand I have completely no control over this body my brain is living in.  So, it could happen.)  So yes, the young lady understands, one application, good coverage, no cakey mess, mineral based sans phillates, parabens, and all other carcinogenic chemicals that the government still allows to flood the industry and our water table.  La Roc.  I have not tried it yet as I am busy squeezing the very last, slightly dried out drop of foundation out of my Stila One Step pump.
   All the while, I day dream of the time, be it short, that I went out in public without my armor honoring my blemishes with nonchalance.  When did I become this person who can only smile at her reflection when she has a little cover up on?  I know when.  I knew exactly when.

No comments:

Post a Comment