Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Simplify Your Life Tip of the Day

Here is my simplify your life tip of the day.  UNSCRIBE. 

I have taken time to go through all my junk mail over the past month.  I have clicked on all the newsletters, promotions, store advertisements, even my Groupon because I don't use it.  I went to the very bottom with the fine print and throught the unscribe process.  This takes about five seconds in most cases to check a box and confirm your e-mail address.  Easy peasy.  I kept stores that I frequent and send coupons through their newsletters such as Lucy, J.Jill, Gymboree, Bed Bath and Beyond, Micheals, and Hobby Lobby. All other stores, I really don't frequent or they don't have cupons, just ads.  so I am not wasting my time looking at ads.  Then, I also have newsletters from galleries, museums, and breast cancer support sites like the Young Survivor Coalition and Army of Women.  I have found that I can sort those now in my inbox.  they come up as newsletters and I can set them to save only the most recent one for so many days then it is deleted.  How cool is that?  So guess how many junk mails I get a day now?  Maybe ten tops.  I am still working on a few stragglers.  But I bet I get it down to those stupid spammers and Canadian drug offers.  Oh, and those lovely letters from the board housewife wanting to get some girl on girl action with me.  Oh, and you have to love the english widow who just lost her husband and is stuck some place in china with no money and wants you wire her money...really?  So go off and unscribe.  What a burden to take out of your life to simplify.

No comments:

Post a Comment