Thursday, August 16, 2012

110 minutes, 109, 108, ...

Tick tock goes the clock.  The kids sleep.  They may rest their nervous heads for thirty three mor minutes.  I, Mom, am awake.  Head is racing.  First, yoga at 9:30.  Arrive early.  Meditate.  Linger in savasana as long as desired.  Meander home.  Stop by Micheals for canvases and King Soopers for dinner on way.  Home. Shower. Eat huge ham and cheese sandwich  with pickle and tomatoe from garden.  ....
  Oh, dear, she is up.  She is doing her hair.  Smile.  Okay, okay....so then finish something.  Finish anything.  Get it done.  Yeah!   Oh she is so pretty in her new outfit.  Gymboree of course.  Brown mini-skort with sunflower florals and sunflower yellow top.  I know, not what I thought she would pick out.  "Mommmm,, you are writing about my outfit...". Caught.
   Well, here it goes.  A third grader.  This fact makes me a bit sad and proud.  A first grader.  Both kids in school.  Smart, beautiful, funny kids.  I will miss your company as I take a nap when I feel tired.  I will miss your input as I wonder the grocery store aisles smiling at toddlers in the carts screaming for a fruit snack.  You grow and grow.  Yes, I am excited to get in to my studio; it has been too long.  Yes, I am so excited to go to am yoga class.  Yet, I am torn with emotion over your being away all day.  It only means one year closer to you leaving my nest.  Good luck today.

No comments:

Post a Comment