Friday, August 31, 2012

Quilt painting class

Boy, I sure had fun making art all week.  Even though I was exhausted when I got home, it was quite w thrill to spend a seven hour day, minus lunch hour with a bunch of ladies making art.  Oh, they crack me up.  And surely there was a few tears at one point when the conversation on Reiki got just a little too deep about the spirit world.  I learned a lot and am inspired to work on some new projects.  Well, of course, I will get this one done first.  It is beautiful, if I do say so myself.  Technique uses hand painted fabric.  Our first two days we just created fabric bits, some for fun and some with our image in mind.  The third day we started making.  I got the distant areas done and discovered my dupyed pieces were not intense enough.  So the fourth day, I rushed around dying in the morning.  After lunch break, the pieces were dry enough to heat set.  And pow!  Awesome!  Exactly right. So I snipped and snipped completely most of the image.  This morning, I set in a few shadows and highlights for drama and sat at my machine tacking the aplique pieces down in netween instructional talks.  I am excited for the results.  And, I can't wait to finish it soon.  Thanks for Denise.  Thanks for Cheryl, the studio hostess and giver of a beautiful quilt....ask me the story sometime.  She just gave it to me and my mother because we liked it.  Now to find someplace to hang it on my two walls in this house.  Oh, above my bed!  I always wanted to decorate my room.  Anyhoo, thanks to my mom for invitng me to go.  and lastly, the garage sale shoppers for buying my junk so I could pay the three hundred without dipping into my budget.  And, I must not forget to thank Dad for taking the kids to school and picking them up afterwards.  Otherwise, I would have missed about two hours of class.

No comments:

Post a Comment