Saturday, June 2, 2012

Day Eight of Summer Vacaction, The Mine

This was a fun day for the three of us. The kids were so escited to hit the road an explore. Though there is a lot to get ready which delayed the departure until ten, it was a beautiful day for driving. The sun was out, the temperature in the seventies, and the kids so happy to be playing their Nitendo DS game plauers that theyonly get to use in the car and doctor appointments. In timely fashion, we arrive in Idaho Springs just before noon. We share a lunch at Beau Jo's. I an't believe i am going to admit this but I almost walke out on the bill. Yep, we'd been sitting there for a bit, the kids were whining to leave and use the restroom, and I plain got ditracted. I don'y know if I can claim diminished bain compacity due to whole brain radiation or not. But, I did finally remeber after we stopped to look at the antique fooseball game in the front window. I think the waitress was nervous because she nearly flew at me and said she would be right back with the check. Oh, well. My only thought was what would I have done if I had not remebered And they sent the manager after me, or I remebered half way up the hill and hour later and the guilt set in. I can say one thing, I felt at that very moment like an old lady who doesn't have all her eggs in her basket. If you haven't had damage to your brain, it may be hard to understand the pure confussion that these situations inflict. At any rate, we have a nice afternoon tour of the Argo mine and mill. The kids love history. At the end, we did dome gold panning for an hour or so. This reminded me of when I used to go to northern California to gold pan in real rivers with my neighbor and his daughter. Those were fun trips under the redwoods! We found some bits and pirite pebbles. The tour guide was so nice. She gave the kids souvenior viles and helped them put their gold inside. Then it is off up the hill. Driving Berthpud Pass ina Prius is better the the drive game on the iPad. Hold on tight. We arive a bit before four, unpack, and head to the pool. It is pretty chilly but the hot tub is nice. About the time we a back in the condo, our friends arrive. I have dinner ady for the troops. They bond immediately over their DS games. The other family arrives and we try to scoot seven children ages five to twelve in a tiny room. At some point, the quiet down and we moms settle in for a movie. Midnight, the sheets are finally dry, beds made, aand we retire to read books. Okay, well, dooze off after two pages anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment