Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 28 & 27: What a Pain

It started with a throb. I was crying and dizzy by the time we got to the car. By the time we completed the 45 minute drive north, I ask if I could go to the hospital. Well, it was just before five o'clock so we called my Ear guy. On the way up to the fifth floor of the medical bilding, my mom and I, who were trying to hurry, got stuck in the elevator on the first floor. We had to use the phone to call maintence. After waiting nearly ten minutes and thinking I just might start panicking, the ceiling of the elevator shook, dust came down, and I was certain we would have to go climbing up out of the elevator no matter that I was dizzy or not. But alas, the doors did open. We took the other elevator. Turns out later that it was the work crew on floore four who tripped the safety with too heavy of a load. We just happened to run into the comstruction manager on the fifth floor and he hear our conversation of why we were so late. I din't think he was too happy with his crew. I went home with some antibotic and ear drops. The drops were a cool relief but my ear throbbed all night. .....Friday, I had a tube put in my ear. I have been dealing with heaaring loss and variable ear pain for several months now. Today was finally the day to puncture that distended ear drum and relieve the pressure. Due to the inflammation being so bad, the local aestesis didn't take well. It hurt so bad. Now, we all know what a great patient I am. We all know I have had countless compliments for laying so very still for hour long MRIs. But, today, I had to be pinned down by the nurse. She was very gentle and it was actually very conforting to have her hold my head in case I jumped. The Doc, who is awesome and tells stories from Longmont's history since he is a third generation local, pulled out about a half of shot glass of fluid. And, there was still more ergo the tube. So I have to walk around with a cottonball in my eaar. But, man, you would not believe the relief. ....So let's go back to Thursday. I saved the best for last. We had such a wonderful day. My folks took the kids and I to the Denver Art Mueum, Julia's requested summer day out. We saw the Yves Saint Laurent retrospective. It was an amazing show. I vote the curator get some sort of award. I learned so about history, women of the sixties and seventies, clothing, and a couture culture which has always been an enigma to me. After lunch we visited a few other exhibits in the Hamilton building including favroites in the Western Contemporary collections, the current photography of women in the sixties and seveties (think there was a theme there), the Impressionists, and Longmont artist, Scott Fraser. Well, as we were wrapping up the day in the Native American floor, my ear started to hurt. It started with a throb. I was crying and dizzy by the time we got to the car

No comments:

Post a Comment