Thursday, June 7, 2012

Days 12, 13, 14

Have you ever said, "Someday I wanna..."? Well, that day has come. A couple weeks ago, I found a Mission style cabinet with glass doors. I always wanted one to finish off the living area and display my quilts. So I bought it. It looks beautiful, and I love taking my quilts out of the linen closet. ....Another thing I kept saying, one day I will...is...purchase a print of my friend and photography artist Tony Umile. So on day twelve of our busy summer, I took Jack to visit Tony's studio. I ended up purchasing two prints. One from his mannequin series and another from his San Diego series. Both use double negatives. Now I am a collector! I need more wall space. By the way, if you haven't made the Weston show at the Longmont Museum, go. It is a once in a life time show. ....The other thing I said I would do this summer is learn to play the guitar. So, I bought one. It is a green Brwonsville. Now is time to start learning so I can play for Julia's girl scout troop or whatever. It is interesting because I haven't learned anything new for years. ....Wednesday, day 13 was a massage in the morning while kids were in camp and play time at Sandstone Ranch in the afteroon. The kids had a great time with friends in the water spriklers. Later in the evening, we all sat down with our new guitars and learned rhythmic strumming. If there is something you keep meaning to do, figure out how to get it. Time is a wasting. ....Today, I am blogging for the arm chair. News from the doc. was informative more then anything. We discussed the two new drugs for HER2/neau positive cancer. The kids will go over to my parent's house. I will mostly sleep. This weekend, we will go up to the cabin in Red Feather Lakes. We will enjoy our time together. The kids have not been up since the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment